Mirror's Edge


Creator: Electronic Arts
Publisher: Redwood City, CA: Electronic Arts 2008
ASIN- B00149PCAO
Rating: Teen

Classification: Young Adult Game
Genre: Sci Fi or Futuristic
Media Type: XBOX 360 Game

Grade level: 8-12

Reader's annotation:
A rebel group in a future city leads your character on an epic chase to rescue your sister from the enemies.

Summary:
In this first person action-adventure game, you are a runner (an agent that is trained to escape any situation by running and using their gymnastic skills to maneuver over and around objects and buildings as fast as possible) in a rebel agency against the government. You're trying to save your sister who was kidnapped and you are chased through the city, as well as chasing others in search of your sister. Sticking to the rooftops, you run through this futuristic city, getting into gunfights and chases, jumping to helicopters from rooftops and swinging down cranes.

Evaluation:
As a fast paced action thriller, there’s a surprise around every corner. Lots of colors and action bring this game to life and it’s hard to look away with everything that's going on. The camera action makes you really feel like you are there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I grew up outside of Boston, went to college in western MA and lived in NYC dancing for several years before getting my teaching credentials and unintentionally moving to Santa Cruz CA. Married and divorced with two kids almost grown, a daughter in college and a son in high school, I am thrilled to be a librarian now, something that I should have done years ago. I love the applications of technology and realize that I have been interested in that since my first computer class back in 1986 - a new requirement for teaching degrees. Finally I can combine my love of curriculum, educational resources, working with adults and children, and technology applications.

Followers